© 2022 ISA Cybersecurity Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you have any questions about this policy, or do not agree with it, please contact our customer services department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-591-6711.
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that is identifiable with you, as an individual. This information may include but is not limited to your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, business facsimile number, age, gender, marital status, health status, financial status, credit card information and credit history. Personal Information, however, does not include your name, business title or business address or business telephone number in your capacity as an employee of an organization.
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We will always collect your Personal Information by fair and lawful means (for example, when you engage us to provide services, use the ISA website or speak to a ISA representative). We collect Personal Information from you and from third party service providers, where we have obtained your consent to do so or as otherwise permitted by law.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies”. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html. No information obtained from the cookie will be used by us for marketing purposes.
In addition, in order to properly manage our website, we may anonymously log information on our operational systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are reported in the aggregate to our webmasters.
3. Where do we store your Personal Information?
We will keep the Personal Information that we collect at the offices of those ISA personnel involved in the engagement.
4. How do we use your Personal Information?
We identify the purposes for which we use your Personal Information at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent, in any case, prior to such use. We generally use your Personal Information for the following purposes (the “Purposes”):
• to process and deliver products that you have ordered from us;
• to invoice and collect payment for professional services and products provided by us to you.
• to register you for events and conferences;
• to register you for, and facilitate your participation in, certain areas of our website, including our online bulletin boards, discussion or message forums;
• to gather your opinion and feedback through surveys;
• to enroll you in our contests or promotional programs;
• to develop and maintain our relationship with you and communicate with you;
• to process your application for employment and resume;
• to advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you (provided that you can choose not to receive any invitations or direct mail from us by indicating your preference);
• such other uses as may be permitted or required by applicable law;
• to provide answers to your questions asked via the website;
• for internal record keeping;
• to improve the content of the website;
• to obtain feedback from you about our services;
• to notify you about the updates to our website;
• to customize the content and/or layout of our website for each individual user, so that’s its more relevant and easier to navigate for each individual user
• to provide you with copies of our publications which you may subscribe to via our website; and
• to respond to any media queries about us or our associated companies.
We would like to provide you with information about products which we think you may find interesting.
We may send you such information by mail, telephone or fax, unless you specified that you would prefer not to receive such information.
When you provide us with information, you will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes. If you request this option, we will not send you any direct marketing.
You can change your mind at any time by contacting our company by email at email@example.com or by post to ISA Cybersecurity’s address. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 416-591-6711.
We would also like to provide you with the information above by email. If you are a customer or you have previously asked us for information on our products or services, we may send you information on our range of products and services by email, unless you have asked us not to do so. If the reason you have given us personal information is to receive email information from us, we will continue to provide this information by email unless you ask us not to do so. Otherwise, when you provide us with personal information, we will ask you whether or not you are happy for us to send you this kind of information by email.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please contact our Marketing team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to ISA Cybersecurity’s address. Alternatively, you can telephone us on 416-591-6711.
5. To whom do we provide your Personal Information?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission unless this is necessary for the reasons set out in the “What we do with the information we collect” section or where we are required to do so by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing or other agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
We identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your Personal Information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
For example, we may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers with whom we have a contractual agreement that includes appropriate privacy standards, where such third parties are assisting us with the Purposes — such as service providers that provide telephone support or data storage or processing.
Generally, we will only make disclosures of Personal Information to such persons for which you provide your consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may also make disclosures of Personal Information to a potential acquiror in connection with a transaction involving the sale of some or all of the business of ISA or as otherwise permitted or required by law, in which case the use of your personal information by the new entity would continue to be limited by applicable law.
6. When and how do we obtain your consent?
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your Personal Information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
We will not, as a condition of the supply of our professional services or products, require you to consent to the collection, use, disclosure or protection of information beyond that which is required to fulfill the specified and legitimate purposes for which the information is being collected.
With respect to our websites, should visitors subsequently choose to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any registrations, visitors may contact the webmaster of the appropriate site e.g. email@example.com.
7. How do we ensure the privacy of your Personal Information when dealing with our affiliates and other third parties?
8. How long will we utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information?
We may keep a record of your Personal Information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you. We will utilize, disclose or retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that Personal Information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
9. How can you review your Personal Information that we have collected, utilized or disclosed?
If you make a written request to review any Personal Information about you that we have collected, utilized or disclosed, we will provide you with any such Personal Information to the extent required by law. We will make such Personal Information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, and will explain any abbreviations or codes.
10. How do you know that the Personal Information we have on you is accurate?
We will ensure that your Personal Information is kept as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. We will not routinely update your Personal Information, unless such a process is necessary. We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with written updates to your Personal Information, when required.
11. What if the Personal Information we have on you is inaccurate?
At any time, you can challenge the accuracy or completeness of your Personal Information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your Personal Information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the Personal Information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your Personal Information.
12. How fast will we respond to your written requests?
We will attempt to respond to each of your written requests not later than thirty (30) days after receipt of such requests. We will advise you in writing if we cannot meet your requests within this time limit. You have the right to make a complaint to the federal Privacy Commissioner in respect of this time limit.
14. How do we know that it is really you requesting your Personal Information?
We may request that you provide sufficient identification to permit access to the existence, use or disclosure of your Personal Information. Any such identifying information shall be used only for this purpose.
15. What safeguards have we implemented to protect your Personal Information?
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The only employees who are granted access to your Personal Information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Last revised: 01-29-2021
Thanks for reaching out, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and we’ll get back.
Thank you for reaching out, we’d love to hear from you. Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you within one business day.