ISA Cybersecurity is proud to announce that we have been selected as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2024!
Organized by MediaCorp Canada Inc., the annual Greater Toronto’s Top Employers competition recognizes employers with outstanding workplace environments and forward-thinking human resources policies. Each year, employers are evaluated on eight criteria: (1) workplace; (2) work atmosphere and social; (3) health, financial and family benefits; (4) vacation and time off; (5) employee communications; (6) performance management; (7) training and skills development; and (8) community involvement.
“Being named one of Greater Toronto’s top employers is a huge honour. Considering that any employer based in the GTA may apply – regardless of size – truly reflects the teamwork and dedication of our staff and leadership team,” said Kevin Dawson, President & CEO of ISA Cybersecurity.
“We work hard to support an inclusive, open and equitable environment for all our staff, making ISA Cybersecurity a destination of choice for cybersecurity professionals,” added Dawson. “I am especially proud of how we have managed flexible in-office and remote work arrangements without losing the spirit of teamwork that is the essence of our company.”
The announcement in The Globe and Mail is a recognition of the impressive array of employee-friendly programs offered by ISA Cybersecurity, which has been based in Toronto for over 30 years. “All of our policies and procedures are created to align to our corporate values,” explained Director of People & Culture, Andrea Bailey. “They are designed to help support our employees throughout their journey at ISA Cybersecurity, constantly evolving to help meet their changing needs.”
Highlights of ISA Cybersecurity’s programs and policies include:
- Flexible sick and personal days for all employees
- Generous health plan with enhanced mental health resources and programs
- Professional development opportunities and education reimbursement up to $2,000 annually for all employees
- Maternity and parental leave top-up
- Employee referral bonus of $2,000
- Competitive salaries complemented with RRSP matching and bonus programs
- Distance remote working policy
ISA Cybersecurity also places great value on celebrating the contributions of all employees through the following service recognition programs:
- Service anniversary recognition and generous five-year milestone service awards
- President’s Club recognizing special achievement awards: Team Member of the Year for Sales, CIOC and Cyber Services, the Rich Uhrich Founder’s Award that is nominated on by all employees and four President’s Awards (Risk Taker, Lost Without You, Money Maker and On the Rise)
- Spot rewards providing opportunities for instant peer recognition
Bailey explained the importance of the culture of sharing and open communication at ISA Cybersecurity: “Our employees appreciate the openness and transparency of our operation. We hold regular sessions designed to communicate what’s new in the business and how we are progressing towards achieving our strategic goals. We also use internal focus groups to brainstorm ideas for improvements and knowledge sharing. These have been very effective ways of helping us constantly evolve as a company. We are always looking for meaningful opportunities to bring our people together for in-person events to help maintain our team spirit and camaraderie in a remote-work world.”
Information-sharing and team-building initiatives at ISA Cybersecurity include:
- Annual kick-off meeting to communicate our strategic priorities
- Informal monthly pizza lunches
- Quarterly town hall meetings
- Semi-annual hockey tournaments, annual summer social event, and year-end holiday party
- Scheduled employee feedback surveys and goal-setting focus groups
- Corporate Intranet, departmental home pages, bi-monthly internal company newsletter
ISA Cybersecurity is committed to giving back to the community as well. The company’s 11th annual charitable golf tournament raised a record $26,000 in support of Diabetes Canada to help fund critical research and send kids with diabetes to D-Camps. ISA Cybersecurity is also focused on growing the next generation of cyber talent, and has partnered with several Ontario colleges and universities to provide co-op, internship, and scholarship opportunities.
“I feel our status as thought leaders in the industry and our position among Canada’s leading cybersecurity-focused companies makes us an attractive destination for cybersecurity professionals who want to work with some of the best in the business,” observed Enza Alexander, Executive Vice-President, who was named one of Canada’s Top Women in Cybersecurity for 2022. “Toronto is a global hub for cybersecurity, and we are proud to be a key player in this critical industry.”
The complete list of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2024 was announced in a special magazine published in The Globe and Mail on December 5, 2023. Learn more about why ISA Cybersecurity was selected and check out our current job openings.