ISA Cybersecurity is proud to announce that we have been named as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2022.
The honour is a result of a national competition that identifies employers in the SMB space that foster outstanding workplace environments, forward-thinking human resources policies, and lead the industry with innovative programs that attract and retain world-class talent.
“As we celebrate our 30th anniversary, being recognized as one of Canada’s top employers is a tremendous honour for all of us at ISA Cybersecurity. It’s a tribute to the teamwork and dedication of our staff and leadership team,” said Kevin Dawson, President & CEO of ISA Cybersecurity. “Considering the challenges we and our customers have faced during the ongoing pandemic, this distinction is particularly special.”
“The highly-competitive market for cybersecurity talent is well-documented. We are proud to nurture an inclusive, open and equitable environment for all our staff, making ISA Cybersecurity a destination of choice for cybersecurity professionals,” added Dawson.
The announcement by Mediacorp Canada is a recognition of the impressive array of employee-friendly programs offered by ISA Cybersecurity. “All of our policies and procedures are created to align to our P.A.C.T. values. We strive to display our P.A.C.T. with everything we do,” explained Director of People & Culture, Andrea Bailey, referring to ISA Cybersecurity’s “P.A.C.T.” principles of Passion, Accountability, Commitment, and Trust. “Our policies take a people-first approach to help support our employees throughout their journey at ISA Cybersecurity.”
Highlights of ISA Cybersecurity’s policies include:
– Flexible sick and personal days for all employees
– Generous health plan with enhanced mental health resources recognizing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on employees and their families
– Education reimbursement up to $2,000 annually for all employees
– Maternity and parental leave top-up
– Employee referral bonus of $2,000
ISA Cybersecurity also places great value on celebrating the contributions of all employees through the following service recognition programs:
– Annual and five-year milestone service awards and recognition
– President’s Club recognizes special achievement awards like “Salesperson of the Year”, “CIOC Team Member of the Year”, “Rick Uhrich Founder’s Award”, etc.
– Annual P.A.C.T. Awards recognizes exceptional commitment to our core principles
– “P.A.C.T. on the Spot” Awards provides opportunities for instant peer recognition
Bailey also explained the importance of the culture of sharing and open communication at ISA Cybersecurity: “We keep our team up to date on how we’re progressing as a company towards our goals, along with what setbacks we experience along the way. This is a key way for us constantly improve as an organization.”
Information-sharing initiatives at ISA Cybersecurity include:
– Annual kick off to communicate our strategic priorities
– Quarterly townhalls
– Scheduled employee feedback surveys
– Corporate Intranet and departmental home pages
– ISA Cybersecurity Learning Community that provides opportunities to share expertise and experiences, network, and develop presentation skills
ISA Cybersecurity is committed to giving back to the community as well. In addition to sponsoring charitable causes (highlighted in 2021 by a golf tournament in support of Diabetes Canada), the company has deep ties to post-secondary education institutions. ISA Cybersecurity provides financial and consultative support for several colleges and universities in Ontario, and commits to hiring co-op students to help foster tomorrow’s generation of cybersecurity professionals today.
“Cybersecurity is more than just a job – it’s a calling. Our team is dedicated to fighting back against cybercrime. We form lasting partnerships with our clients and become an extension of their team, working side –by side with them to protect hospitals, schools, critical infrastructure, financial institutions – the foundation of our everyday lives. Almost every single Canadian is affected by a business or organization that we help to protect. Our work is meaningful, and that really resonates with our staff,” observed Enza Alexander, Executive Vice-President.
Click here to learn more about why ISA Cybersecurity was selected and check out our current job openings.